Re: 3ware support on debian 3.0r2

Constantin CHARISSIS wrote:
Hi,

I want to buy a 3ware raid card to install my debian on it.

Do you know what 3ware raid card are natively supported by debian 3.0r2
?

IDE or SCSI?

We use an 3ware 7000 ATA Raid Controller for our mail server and it works flawlessly. It's natively supported by the linux kernel. Stock Debian/Woody kernels include the driver as a module. So if you want to boot from the raid array you either have to compile it statically or use an initrd. As far as I know 3ware controllers in general have a pretty good linux support.

HTH,
Michael
E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany