Re: 3ware support on debian 3.0r2

Constantin CHARISSIS wrote:

I want to buy a 3ware raid card to install my debian on it.

Do you know what 3ware raid card are natively supported by debian 3.0r2

We use an 3ware 7000 ATA Raid Controller for our mail server and it works flawlessly. It's natively supported by the linux kernel. Stock Debian/Woody kernels include the driver as a module. So if you want to boot from the raid array you either have to compile it statically or use an initrd. As far as I know 3ware controllers in general have a pretty good linux support.

E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany