Netinstall

Hi,

I'm trying to install Sarge on a Toshiba Portege R100 laptop. This machine does not have a CD-ROM or floppy drive built in and I don't have access to any USB drives, so I'm doing a network install over PXE/TFTP. I've successfully set up the TFTP server and the laptop is loading images from it, but I can't seem to find the right images to load. I can make it load the kernel and the ramdisk, it then boots up until:

Freeing initrd memory: 2324 freed
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Mounted devfs on /dev
VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 3a:04
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 3a:04

The /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file I use contains:

default lanlinux
prompt 1

label lanlinux
  kernel vmlinuz
  append load initrd=initrd.gz  devfs=mount

(tried with or without the devfs=mount, both same result). I'm using the files from http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/ , tried playing around with some of the other images (floppy, hd-media), but that never got anywhere.

If I use the files http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/bf2.4/linux.bin and
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/root.bin
the machines boots fully and I can access and partition the disk. Unfortunately the NIC (Intel pro/100 VE) driver for this machine isn't included in woody so I can't go on from there and am still stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Marc