Different ip table and missing /dev/usb/lp after using udev

hi all..

First...I've got debian sid 2.6.5-1-686 in my office.
We've got a pretty large network over here, and as
long as  I know, divide into two ip tables. One got
172.16.1.xxx the other 172.16.2.xxx
But somehow I can't use my Samba to browse those
computers connected into different ip table with mine.
I've got the 172.16.1.xxx ip address and I can't
browse those who have 172.16.2.xxx. Is there any Samba
configuration should to be configure ?
Note : I can browse those 172.16.2.xxx computers
within my windows box. ( I've got dual boot winxp and
debian )
Second...How to recover missing /dev/usb/lpx ???
Several days ago I installed udev, but now I've
removing and purging its config. since I can't see any
benefits ( or I don't know the benefits...)
The problem is with my CUPS. My CUPS works well to
print all shared printers in my network, but won't
print via HP DJ 3535 attached to my USB port.
I've been configuring it via http://localhost:631 and
got device URI usb:/dev/usb/lp0.
But when I do a test print CUPS says that the device
/dev/usb/lp0 doesn't exist.
( I know I should supply the log file, but... I'll
send you later, right away)

Thank You

---welly---