Re: suddenly only root can login

On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:59:23 -0700, Richard Weil wrote:

> I did update to the latest testing yesterday
> afternoon; I don't remember what was updated, but it
> looked harmless. The problem manifested itself this
> morning.

No idea if this is related. My users can log on, but since the last update
(so I think), they cannot get any X.
Root can, though, log on.

It has nothing to do with logon manager, since the startx will also die
for them (I purposely created a new testuser), while root can issue startx
without trouble (bringing up kde, in this case).

Again, maybe slightly related or not. But should be mentioned under this
thread. In case.