suggested/recommended packages

Packages often suggest or recommend other packages. Is there a program
that will check what I currently have installed for any suggested or
recommended packages that I do *not* have installed?

When a program is initially installed I may have no need for one or more
of the suggestions but then not be aware of it when it becomes useful.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
 the instruments of tyranny at home." -- James Madison
    Rick Pasotto    rick@niof.net    http://www.niof.net