Re: aptitude farted?

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 06:57 pm, Simon Huggins wrote:

> The above packages are probably marked as automatically installed for
> some reason.  Did you bulk tag a pile of packages as automatically
> installed when you started using aptitude?

No.  I've never used the interface for anything (nor do I particularly intend
to.)  I just suddenly started using aptitude instead of apt-get.  I had
installed a lot of different stuff along the way without that happening, so
something went wrong somewhere for no obvious reason.  I can't explain the
timing.

> aptitude install checkinstall kapptemplate kbabel kbugbuster kcachegrind
>  kdesdk-kfile-plugins kdesdk-misc kdesdk-scripts kompare kuiviewer poxml
>  umbrello valgrind valgrind-calltree

I did.  It cured it.  I was just bemused about the whole thing though.  So
much for it reading my mind.

> You probably also need to check that other packages that you want aren't
> set as having been automatically installed too.

I guess I'll deal with it if/when the time comes.

Thanks though.  At least I know there's a way to manually cure this sort of
thing if I ever bother to learn its interface.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/