Re: Debian with Apache, php4, mysql and phpmyadmin

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 23:11, Tomy Alarie shoved this in my mailbox:
> Hi, i've installed phpmyadmin today on my server. My server is working like
> a charm, so i write http://localhost/phpmyadmin in konqueror and it shows
> the index page of phpmyadmin. I type my username (root) and my password.
> But it shows me back the index page with errors. Here are the errors.
>
> Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php:265) in
> /usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/auth/cookie.auth.lib.php on line 353

Hey Tomy,

A HTTP header (often used to redirect) can only be sent before any other
output is sent to the browser since sending output automatically triggers a
content header. Something was outputted already, so it complains that it
can't sent the header (to redirect) again.

Solution: The output started at line 265 of config.inc.php. That is the
configuration file and it is not supposed to output anything, just set up
some values. What happened is this: You edited the config file (username, db
server, password, etc) and by doing so you added something (check line 265)
that generates output. Fix it, and you'll be ready to go.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.