Re: Compatible DVD Burner with Linux

> David Cunningham escribió:
>
>>Hi people.  I'm looking at the NEC ND-2500A as a solution for writing
>> DVDs
>>under Linux.  Does anyone have experience with using this drive for
>> writing
>>DVDs under Linux?  If not can you recommend a good DVD burner that will
>>"play nice" with Linux userland tools?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>

> I think we would look for boxes with the sentence "Linux Compatible" ;)
>
> Regards.

I disagree.  In fact I tend to ignore that.  There have been many
occasions when hardware I buy that's advertised as "Linux Compatible"
turns out to function poorly under Linux.  Very frequently my best
experiences are with hardware that the manufacturer never bothers to
advertise as Linux compatible and yet it works flawlessly.  This issue is
more complex than you suggest.  For this reason I poll mailing lists and
newsgroups for advice from people who have had good experiences with their
hardware under Linux.  This has consistently provided me good results.

Best Wishes.