Re: Installing Debian Stable with Software RAID

Jeremy Brown wrote:

I'm relatively new to Debian, but am considering installing it on several new servers I'm setting up. At least one of the servers will need its root partition stored on a software RAID volume though, and a casual glance at both the Debian stable and testing installers seems to indicate that they do not support the creation of a software RAID volumes for use as the root install partition (well, at all really)...although it does look like testing's installer has LVM support.

Is there a general procedure to follow for installing Debian on a software RAID volume? Is this something that's even possible right now?

Just pinging this thread, since I haven't seen a response yet.

Does anyone have any pointers on getting software RAID working in Debian, preferably pre-install? Can it be done at all?

Jeremy