Re: problem with gs package in testing? (printing problems in Mozilla)

On Monday 10 May 2004 11:15 pm, H. S. wrote:

> Is somebody else experiencing this behavior? Or any tips on how to solve
> this?

No.  I just tested and everything's perfectly fine.  I think your installation
is broken.  I have some weird "no description available" packages too.  If
I'm reading the codes right, I think mine are "unpacked; not installed."  I
didn't see a guide to the status codes in man dpkg, and I don't have time to
look.  I'm not sure what the unusual codes actually mean as far as the
ultimate state of these packages (looks like something is in transition), but
one way or the other, it's obvious that my current state of affairs is quite
different from yours.

It looks like you need to update/upgrade to get where I am now.  Maybe that
will fix something by magic.

Here are my packages:

->dpkg -l xprt-* cups* gs gv
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name               Version            Description
+++-==================-==================-====================================================
ii  xprt-common        0.0.9.final-1      Xprint - the X11 print system
(configuration files)
ii  xprt-xprintorg     0.0.9.final-1      Xprint - the X11 print system from
xprint.org (binar
un  cups               <none>             (no description available)
ii  cupsomatic-ppd     20040220-1         linuxprinting.org printer support -
transition packa
ii  cupsys             1.1.20final+cvs200 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
server
ii  cupsys-bsd         1.1.20final+cvs200 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
BSD commands
ii  cupsys-client      1.1.20final+cvs200 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
client programs (S
ii  cupsys-driver-gimp 4.2.6-4            Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-driver-gimp 4.2.6-4            Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
un  cupsys-pstoraster  <none>             (no description available)
un  cupsys-pt          <none>             (no description available)
ii  gs                 8.01-2             Transitional package
ii  gv                 3.5.8-31           A PostScript and PDF viewer for X
using 3d Athena Wi

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/