problem with gs package in testing? (printing problems in Mozilla)

I am using Mozilla 1.6-5 and also Firefox 0.8-2 on my Debian Sarge (2.4.24-1-686) system. I am having printing problems when I print from Mozilla.

In Print dialog if I choose to print to a file, I have the following choices:
xp_ps_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@:64
xp_pdf_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@...
Postscript/Default

No matter which ps choice I use, if I try to magnify any area from the resulting ps file (by selecting the area using the mouse and trying to magnify it 64 times), my computer gets really busy. Top shows gs is using most of cpu. The magnified window never shows the magnified ps content but ends in Ghostscript Error. The error window though has nothing in it.

Is somebody else experiencing this behavior? Or any tips on how to solve this?

Here is what other related stuff I have (if I have missed something, just let me know and I will specify that too):
$> dpkg -l xprt-* cups* gs gv
ii xprt-common 0.0.9.final-1 Xprint - the X11 print system (configuration ii xprt-xprintorg 0.0.9.final-1 Xprint - the X11 print system from xprint.or
un  cups           <none>         (no description available)
pn  cups-pdf       <none>         (no description available)
pn  cupsomatic-ppd <none>         (no description available)
pn  cupsys         <none>         (no description available)
ii cupsys-bsd 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman ii cupsys-client 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro
pn  cupsys-driver- <none>         (no description available)
pn  cupsys-driver- <none>         (no description available)
pn  cupsys-pstoras <none>         (no description available)
pn  cupsys-pt      <none>         (no description available)
ii  gs             7.07-1         The Ghostscript Postscript interpreter
ii gv 3.5.8-31 A PostScript and PDF viewer for X using 3d A

thanks,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)