Recovering data from a corrupted disk

Hello everyone.

An IDE hard disk I have has just got corrupted. I've been able to salvage all my personal data before its last "breath" but I still need to get the Debian package list from it. "gpart" has no success in recovering the partition table I'm testing now with "testdisk". I don't know if I'll be able to recover the partition table with this program so I'm open to ideas regarding other (free and not-free) tools as well as other ideas in order for me to recover my package list.

Thanks in advance.

Vitor