Re: mouse doesnt work in console

Andres LG wrote:
> I installed mousedev with modconf, but it didnt change my X config
> file, it is still /dev/psaux.

The 'mousedev' is a kernel module.  The file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is
a config file for XFree86.  Installing a kernel module is not going to
do anything to your config files.  Why would you think it would?

The xserver-xfree86 package contains a configuration script for X.
You may or may not use it depending upon how you configured it.  If
you used it to configure X then you may use it to reconfigure it.  But
if you have been editing the file by hand then DO NOT use the
configuration script or your changes will be lost.  In that case you
should set the first question to NO saying that you are managing the
file manually.

  sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Bob