Re: about using rpm command error in debian

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 05:01:03PM +0800, li Rick wrote:
>   I am a debian new user.I had set up Debian env,I will use rpm on it,but
> when I run "rpm -qa",the following error showed:
> # rpm -qa
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
> #

Debian doesn't use RPM. The sort of thing you're trying to do Just Won't
Work without a lot of manual hacking; if you're going to do that then
you might as well run an RPMish distribution to start with.

Use the Debian package management tools instead.

Cheers,