Re: AW: Debian Server with IPCop

Jens Simmoleit wrote:
Does any one know how to deal with that, my debian is plugged on my green
interface with dhcp, but i don't know how to setup apache, and if
i can host
with that setup .. ? Any suggestions .. ?

Hmh,

you should consider using an orange interface called DMZ which was
especially build to host webservers and such.....

AFAIK the green is protected to prevent acces from RED, so I don't think
that this will work. Take a third interface plug it in, choose setup from
your console and set it up and then put your apache server into the DMZ.
load up the ipcop webinterface and drill some holes in your firewall under
"services", got the german version though, could be called different....

Yes, you'll need three ports on your firewall for RED/ORANGE/GREEN respectively. Yes you can host a website, but you probably should spend some time learning about apache in more details. It's pretty feature rich.