Galeon mime types

'm trying to edit my Gnome MIME settings in such a way that if I click a link to a .tex file in Galeon, I can make the file open in gvim.

Whenever I click a .tex file, I get the ordinary "What do you want to do with this file?" dialog box, but it doesn't list any helper applications, and the Open button is disabled. Nevertheless, I can double click a .tex file in Nautilus to make it open in gvim.

Does anyone know how to edit my MIME types to make something like this work in Galeon?