Re: Openssh

Michael Banta wrote:
Hello.
I just installed a new Debian box and I want to add OpenSSH (server and client) to the machine. I have an updated list of apt packages, but I cannot seem to find the package. apt-get install ssh does not work. I have been searching on the internet for which source list I should add to sources.list, but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Mike

can you post your /etc/apt/sources.list from debian stable

Mind you I am from Aus so this is a good sources.list for me
my /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
#Manny unofficial or backported packages for woody (qmail, vpopmail,
# mod-frontpage, openoffice, php4 and many extensions...)
deb http://debian.moolfreet.com ./
####end of sources.list

debian stable
ssh - Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH)
ssh2 - a secure replacement for rlogin, rsh, and rcp

debian unstable