Re: bootlog question

Michael(mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net) is reported to have said:
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 08:46 am, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Michael(mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net) is reported to have said:
> > > debian testing with self-compiled kernel-2.6.5, would like to know how to
> > > resolve/eliminate some messages when booting.
> > > Will mention that the machine works fine; the eleven FATAL messages in a
> > > row began after updating hotplug;  also I specifically didn't enable
> > > pcmcia when I configured the kernel.
> > > Your help is appreciated.
> > > For example:
> >
> > <-- snip examples-->
> >
> > When you recompiled the kernel did you move the old /lib/modules/2.6.5
> > direct to 2.6.5-old or whatever and make modules?  If not, that may be
> > causing your 'fatal errors'.
> >

> Thank you Wayne!
> In order to keep my original post as brief as possible, I left out that
> previously I had been running a 2.6.3 kernel, so when I compiled the new
> 2.6.5, there was no need to mv /lib/modules/...
> I sure appreciate your response, I am still "digging" trying to figure this
> out, but have had zero luck thus far. I tried putting some things
> in /etc/hotplug/blacklist to no avail.
> Please feel free if you have any other ideas!
> Thanks again.

OK, do you have any of those 'error' modules in /etc/modules?  Comment
them out if you do.

I did a 2.6.5 kernel last week but didn't run into any fatal error
problems.  Had some usb issues but that was all.  Upgraded this AM
and see that the kernel source has been upgraded for 2.6.5.  Have not
had time to do anything with it, yet.  If I run into anything when I
get time to compile it, I'll let you know.

Wayne
--
All computers wait at the same speed.