Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:38:46PM -0400, David P James wrote:

> But that's not a replacement for won't - it's a replacement of "am not",
> as in "I am not going to do that". I can't think of a case where ain't
> can replace won't/will not/shan't/shall not.
Which was my point since "I'm not going to do that" and "I won't do
that" mean the same thing, though I certainly didn't put it across
clearly. I probably still haven't.

Cheers,
Tom

--
I love children.  Especially when they cry -- for then someone takes them away.
		-- Nancy Mitford