.config file used for kernel packages

I've recently installed debian sarge with the 2.4.25-1 kernel.  I would
like to rebuild the kernel so I:
 #apt-get build-dep kernel-source-2.4.25
 #apt-get source kernel-source-2.4.25

But, I can't find the .config that was used to build this kernel.  Does
debian package this file anywhere?

All I would like to do is confirm that particular kernel params for
multicast routing are enabled; and if they aren't, simply rebuild the
same kernel with these features added.

Any suggestions?

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman@mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

If they want really buzzword-compliant "redundancy" they could add
another exchange server as part of a "cluster" of "Windows 2003"
servers with "active directory" so that when things break they
break spectacularly.