Re: Gbucash (Sarge)

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:16:11PM +0100, Keith O'Connell wrote:
[...]

| However I have waited for the fix, but it is not apparently ready
| and I really *need* to access GnuCash, so;
|
| 	Is there a fix I can employ to get it going in the short term?

Plan A) Downgrade the offending library.

        ---
        I've traced it to libltdl3 (from libtool): downgrading from 1.5.2-2 to
        1.5.2-1 solved the problem for me.
        ---

Plan B) Upgrade gnucash to the version in unstable.  (this does not
        necessitate upgrading your -whole- system to unstable)

        ---
        We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
        gnucash, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
        ---

Plan C) Wait until gnucash moves from unstable to testing.  Who knows
        how long that could take.

        http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=gnucash

        Hmm, that's almost amusing.  All the 'grave' bugs against
        gnucash are repeat reports of this same linking error which is
        already fixed in unstable.  That means those duplicate bug
        reports are preventing the bug from being fixed in testing.

| 	Is anyone using GnuCash in a testing machine making it work?

Yes.  Well, my machine is mostly testing but I also have a number of
packages from unstable as well.  I chose "Plan B", above, and had only
a few minutes of "downtime".

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.