Re: Anyone using tripwire?

Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Thanks to all for replies, which pretty much confirm what I'd already
> concluded. I may have a look at aide to see if it is easier to update.

I use the following modification which some people will like and some
people won't.  YMMV.

/etc/cron.daily/aide mods:
  -aide --check >$LOGFILE 2>$ERRORLOG
  +aide --update >$LOGFILE 2>$ERRORLOG
  +mv -f $DATABASE.new $DATABASE

Basically every time it runs it updates the database.  The changes are
logged once only and then the database is updated.  I review the
changes and as long as they line up with what I expect then life is
good.  But if they do not line up then I need to investigate why.  I
keep backups of the database daily so that I can review previous
signatures.

Bob