Re: Lilo and friends

Levente KOVACS wrote:
Hi folks,

I have Debian 3.0 installed. From time to time, I can not boot my
system. I have read Lilo's documentation etc... It seems that something
spils my MBR. I have also WinXP installed on an other particion...

Does Debian have some package which may automatically update's lilo?

It's not regular. Sometime, I can boot up my system well. But if not,
lilo says L 80 80 80... which is "Disk timeout".

I just want to know if ther's any program integrated into Debian, which
executed by cron, and makes something with my MBR...

Thanx: Levente

Get rid of XP and your problems are over ;-)
Lilo only writes the bootrecord when YOU run "lilo"...