start-stop-daemon problem

Hi,

I've written a start/stop script for my Informix server. I'm using the start-stop-daemon for starting the server, but I can not use it for shutting down the server.
The start command is:

start-stop-daemon --start --chuid informix:informix --quiet --exec oninit

All Informix-processes are named oninit then.
For stopping the server one has to use a different program called "onmode"
I can't use the start-stop-daemon this way

start-stop-daemon --stop --chuid informix:informix --quiet --exec onmode -- -ky

to stop the server. There are no processes named onmode so the s-s-d does nothing.
I have to call onmode the usual way:

su -m informix -c "onmode -ky"

It works, but actually I lose the advantage of the s-s-d watching all processes to terminate. I haven't found anything helpful in the s-s-d manpages (I haven't understood the difference between the --exec and --startas switches).

Any help ?

Thanks, Rado