Mathematica messing with fonts... or?

Hi!

I have just installed Mathematica on my debian-machine, but the first thing
that happens when I run ~$Mathematica from a terminal window is that I get a
window entitled "Startup warning". However, I can't see what the warning is
about cuse there is no text in the window (thats probably what the warning is
about) - just two buttons (probably an ok and a cansle buttons) with no text
on them either. This is the same for all dialogues that apears (there is no
text in them).

In addition I have noted that the menutexts in the Opera web browser seems to
disapear after trying to run Mathematica. If I log out an on again things are
restored but as soon as I start Mathematica its all messed up again. Most
other programs seems ok though.

Any ideas?

I'm running sid with KDE 3.1.5 on a dell PC.

regards
Johan
Ps. Yell if there is some more info I could suply!