Re: What do I need in Kernel for DSL

Am Mo, den 03.05.2004 schrieb Werner Mahr um 11:23:
> Hi all,
> I want to get rid of my bf24 kernel, and have some problems with the regular
> kernel-packages. For this I want to compile my own, and when I do that, I
> will take 2.6.x. I compile it with no motules, so I don't need new
> Module-Init-Tools. But I don't know, what I need for a DSL-connection.
> Any hints?

Under "Device Drivers / Networking Support":

PPP
PPP over Ethernet
PPP .* compression

And of course a driver for your NIC. That should do the trick.

HTH
--
Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice