Re: spawn of debian: choosing a live-boot CD distro

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 12:21:21AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 06:54:04PM -0500, Will Trillich wrote:
> > ultimately what we're after is a debian-based install that does
> > server functions (email, web, database) that has GOOD DETECTION
> > ROUTINES at install, such as
> >
> > 	knoppix
> > 	morphix
> > 	lilbranet
> > 	mepis
> > 	xandros
> >
> > any opinions on using these to detect hardware, install, and
> > serve, serve, serve?

> have you checked out the debian-installer? This is what has
> been in the works. You may also want to check out 'bonzai
> linux' or the mini-knoppix cd.

you mean the one that comes on the woody (or sarge) ISO? (we
experienced plenty of trouble with both of those) or is this
something else? if so, sounds interesting... :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #25 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Did you know you have MORE THAN ONE CONSOLE to use? There's
six, by default: try Control-Alt-F6 to see console six,
Ctl-Alt-F3 for console 3, and so forth. (If you don't use the X
window display system, you don't need to include the control
key. If you do have X running, you can return to it from any
console via Alt-F7, unless you've changed the defaults.) Each
console can have its own login, running its own jobs. Very
handy!