cdrom vs /cdrom/cdrom and /cdorm/cdrom0

I am looking for the meaning and differences in these files:

Apparently, I got this setup when I installed, but I pretty quickly deleted /cdrom/cdrom and made mountpoing /cdrw to mount the reader/writer /dev/cdrw which was a link I created to /dev/hdd.

The /cdrom0 is a link to /cdrom, which is a mountpoint for /dev/hdc.

But quite honestly I am not clear what all these files /cdrom, /cdrom/cdrom0, /cdrom/cdrom actually stand for. Where can I find the details? And what if I wanted to set up these files as they were when I first installed Sarge? What document gives the original 'default' state of these files?

(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)