BETA 4 Network Install KONSOLE-TERMINAL problem

I have been experimenting with the the Beta 4 network install that uses KDE 3.2. All seems to go well, until I log in as a user. The user desktop seems to work fine, except for Konsole (or a terminal in Gnome - same problem). Konsole loads OK, but has no prompt! In other words, I am unable to input any commands. Konsole works in root, but not in any user account. I did not have this problem with BETA 3 - I have it installed on multiple machines.

Is this a bug or a feature? Do I need to modify a config file somewhere?

Thanks!

Robert