usb in Kernel 2.6.[35]

I recently installed Kernel-2.6.5. In Kernel 2.4.24 I was able to transfer pictures from my ditical camera by gphoto2 (using the usermap in /etc/hotplug/usb and setting things up so that members of "usbcamera" could use gphoto2 to transfer pics from the USB camera). The module being used for this was usb-uhci.

In kernels 2.6.5 and 2.6.3 though, I am not able to transfer the pics anymore. gphoto2 doesn't see any camera. Also, I see that there is no usb-uhci module loaded anymore. Only uhci-hcd (IIRC) and usbcore and ehci-hcd. What am I missing here? Where can I find documentation that explains this.

Thanks,
->HS
--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)