Re: shadow 1:4.0.3-28 [not -26.1] replaces pam.d/login pam.d/passwd; what to do?

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 07:48:45AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> -26.1 never made it. This NMU upload was sent to the delayed queue,
> but Sam Hartmann uploaded -28 in the mentime after some mail exchanges
> we had.

Your are correct: I have -28 installed.  I had read the output of
"apt-listchanges" which *also* displayed the bit of the changelog for
-26.1, and my eye passed over the other bits.

Nevertheless, this upgrade changed /etc/pam.d/login and
/etc/pam.d/passwd in the ways I described.  I'm pretty sure I wanted to
blow away my Woody-setup modified (but otherwise untouched by me)
conffiles with the new versions in the latest package, but I was loking
for verification.

I put the diffs in my original email.