Re: ALSA stopped working at boot (sid)

I had the same error yesterday after switching to the 2.4.25 K7 kernel image
and installed the associated alsa-modules package.  I fiddled and fiddled,
and eventually got the right modules to load and alsa working, but I couldn't
tell you at which point things started working.  Actually, I couldn't get it
working at all yesterday, and today when I re-booted it magically started
working again, so whatever I had done to fix it was purely an accident and I
have no idea what exactly the last thing I did yesterday to fix it.

Also, an upgrade to the system I did a few weeks back completely fudged my
sound in general.  Even after getting alsa to finally work again, all sounds
are skippy and distorted.  Prior to the upgrade I did a few weeks ago,
everything sounded fine.  I've played with the mixer levels, but nothing
seems to work.

Curiously, when I run /etc/init.d/alsa restart, I still get that same error
you're getting.  I don't know what it means nor how to fix it though.

Sound seems to be still quite an issue with Linux.

	Sean