Re: 1 NIC/2 ISP

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:50:15 +0200
aurel.ric@free.fr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is my pb:
>
> I have 2 ISP (ADSL 512k) and I would like to connect them on my Linux
> Box via a switch (I only have one NIC). "ip" doesn't work with
> IP-aliasing (e.g: eth0:0) and I can't add one more card.
> I've read a lot of stuff on the net but all the configurations I've
> seen need 1 NIC per ISP :(
have a look at /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz
there is an example how to set up a virtual interface

and to the ip command:
you do not need virtual interfaces, you can just add multiple addresses
to one interface...

Be aware that i have not really tested it though....

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>