Howto repartition a fat32 disk of win xp?

Hello,

Currently I don't have my own computer available and the one I have acces to is the one my dad uses; I need a compiler and openGL/glut and I can't really find anything usefull so I want to install linux debian!!

The problem is, this computer has a 40GB disk with XP installed and we don't want to loose a file on it - the defrag program says no defragmentation is needed as the defragmentation rate is low or something - and I need this to be accessible today so I can't wait for that program

How can I resize the 40GB partition 10 GB smaller (to add new partitions) without any data loss? I only have the debian woody 3.0r1 installation CS's available.

I hope you can help,

Thank you

Joris