Re: authentication server

on Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:42:47AM -0600, tsitras@spymac.com (tsitras@spymac.com) wrote:

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

While many mail clients will accomodate unwrapped text:

  - Some don't.  Be considerate.

  - Many more fail to wrap and attribute quotes properly.

  - Many web-based list archives render unwrapped text as very long
    lines, e.g.:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg00568.html

Thank you.

> Hi i am looking to setup a small network, that consists of 5 PCs,

Running what?

> and a  server.

Running what?

> for start there will be no internet in the network. My

You'll find your keyboard likely has two shift keys located at the
extreme left and right.  Please aquaint yourself with their proper
usage.

> question is i would like  to have the server to create user accounts
> for the other pcs. could someone tell  me where i could find some
> tutorials on how to have this kind of structure in the network?

    http://www.google.com/

"Samba", "Kerberos", "LDAP", and "Radius" are possible starting points.

Without greater specificity, there's not much to add.

Peace.

    Save Bob Edwards!       http://www.savebobedwards.com/