Re: Backup Strategies for linux?

on Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:09:30AM -0500, Kirk Strauser (kirk@strauser.com) wrote:
> At 2004-04-25T08:44:38Z, Deboo <deboo@debian.elitemail.org> writes:
>
> > What is the best way to backup on linux, with a 250M zip drive?
>
> Set the Zip drive on fire and pound your hard drive with a happen.  It gives
> you roughly the same effect as relying on Iomega products for backup, but
> it's much quicker and you can plan for it.

I'm solidly with Kirk on this assessment.  Iomega storage products have a
*horrendous* track record.

Otherwise, I'll point you at:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/backups.html

Peace.

    The major problem facing [Orkut, Friendster, and ilk] is that they scarf
    up personal information far more efficiently than [the FBI's] Carnivore.
    -- Andrew Orlowski        http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/35129.html