Re: Restoring /etc/inittab

--- Shaun Jackman <sdj@sfu.ca> wrote:
> I can't find /etc/inittab in any package, or in any conffile. What
> package creates this file? How can I restore it to its default state?

What exactly have you drastically changed in /etc/inittab that requires a
complete reinstall of it? If it was that badly broken, you wouldn't be
able to spawn a login: prompt on any of the tty's, much less run your
default run-level.

However, in answer to your question, the inittab file is in the 'sysvinit'
package. And please, as a general hint, see 'apt-file'. It is a useful
package.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net