is all okay with upgrading the various KDE packages in Sarge?

Hi,

When I do "apt-get update" and "apt-get -s upgrade", I am getting a big bunch of KDE packages that are being kept back. If I try to "apt-get -s install <name of all kept back packages>", it get a few packages that are recommended:

~# apt-get -s install kamera kcmlinuz kcoloredit kcron kdat kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdegraphics kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4 kdvi kfax kghostview kiconedit kmrml kooka kpackage kpaint kpovmodeler kruler ksnapshot ksysv kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell libkscan1 quanta secpolicy
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  hicolor-icon-theme kgamma kommander kpdf ksvg
Suggested packages:
  povray cervisia kompare
Recommended packages:
kdebase-libs lilo-config menu-xdg gocr kfilereplace kxsldbg tidy phpdoc wdg-html-reference
  hicolor-icon-theme kgamma kommander kpdf ksvg
kamera kcmlinuz kcoloredit kcron kdat kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdegraphics kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4 kdvi kfax kghostview kiconedit kmrml kooka kpackage kpaint kpovmodeler kruler ksnapshot ksysv kuickshow kuser kview
  kviewshell libkscan1 quanta secpolicy

While installing the recommended ones, kdebase-libs gives dependency problems and menu-xdg seems to be missing. I have been experience since yesterday morning IIRC:

For menu-xgd:
Package menu-xdg is not available, but is referred to by another package.

For kdebase-libs:
kcontrol: Conflicts: kdebase-libs (< 4:3.0.0) but 4:2.2.2-14.7 is to be installed kdebase-libs: Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.2.2-1) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libkonq3 (>= 4:2.2.2-14.7) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Is something the matter with the KDE upgrades at present that I am not aware of? Or should I just install the packages that are being kept back currently and forget about the suggested and recommended ones?

Thanks,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)