Re: Mouse in command line

Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

Hi!

How can i use my mouse in command line ?
I want to use it to select and paste text etc...

Thnx!

Phil.

apt-get install gpm

You'll need to configure it to repeat the mouse data (either as "raw" or as "ms3" I believe; IIRC, the author of gpm or some other person in the know says "ms3" should be the correct choice, although until I read that post (search archives over the past year) I had always used "raw" and it worked for me), and you'll need to reconfigure the mouse in X to read mouse input from /dev/gpmdata instead of wherever it's currently reading (/dev/input/mice? /dev/psaux?). Although in the past year or so, the "/dev/input/mice" may have become "magic" enough to handle reading from gpm and might now be the canonical mouse location for X.

In other words, I started to answer this post, and then realized that what works for me might no longer be the official canonical way of doing things, so your mileage may vary.

--
Kent