Re: Maybe offtopic: Dealing with filenames with blanks in a script

 --- Tim Connors <tconnors+linuxdebianuser1083133894@astro.swin.edu.au>
wrote:

> Could someone enlighten me as to why people keep on putting
> superfluous `ls *` in their scripts? Pretty please?

Probably because TMTOWTDI? I cannot answer that, save only for the OP. But
then this thread has been going on for ages, and the OP has gotten his
answer is many forms.

> That and the "useless uses of cat" awards.

You mean "useless use of e-mail" awards.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"