Re: Two keyboards, XF86config, putty and console

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:11:55PM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> The most strange thing is happening: Right now I am writting this from
> a remote login, through putty, without any X forwarding. In XF86Config
> I have two keyboard layouts, es and en, which I switch by pressing alt
> and shift. Well, I just discover that I am able to switch keyboards
> through putty from a windows machine, from my office.
> Really strange!!!
> I will try from Control Alt F1 from home to see if the dual keyboard
> config is general, not only X related.
> Strange....

Of course, it doesn't work from console. It means that at least there
is a leakage of X code (or inherited) through putty. This was using
the windows version, however, there may be the same leakage through
the linux version.
Does anybody have any ideas?