Re: Use Jk2 from unstable on stable ?

On Monday 26 April 2004 21:39, Matthew Joyce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Tomcat4.1.3 binaries and Java 1.4.2 binaries both working with
> Stable.
> I have also use Apache2 from backports.org, this is working too.
>
> JK2 is needed to enable Apache2 to correctly deal with Tomcat requests.
> I have tried to compile JK2 from source but I am somewhat out of my
> depth.
>
> Is there a way to use JK2 from unstable ?
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/libapache2-mod-jk2
>
>  apache2-common (>= 2.0.49-1)
>  libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) [not ia64]
>  libc6.1 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) [ia64]
>  libgcc1 (>= 1:3.3.3-1) [arm]
>  tomcat4
>
> I only have libc6_2.2.5-11.5, and libgcc1:3.0.4 and no libc6.1.
>
> Can this be resolved ?
>
> How did backports.org make apache2 and tomcat4 as both these depend on
> later versions of libc6 than stable has but they both work ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I believe backports.org compiled apache2 and tomcat4 against libc6_2.2.5,
and that's why they work.  The unstable versions were compiled against
libc6_2.3.2, and that's why they won't work.  You won't be able to shoehorn
JK2 from unstable into your stable system.

That leaves you with two options.  Compile JK2 against the library versions
you have, or compile the unstable version statically.

Justin Guerin