Use Jk2 from unstable on stable ?

Hi,

I have Tomcat4.1.3 binaries and Java 1.4.2 binaries both working with
Stable.
I have also use Apache2 from backports.org, this is working too.

JK2 is needed to enable Apache2 to correctly deal with Tomcat requests.
I have tried to compile JK2 from source but I am somewhat out of my
depth.

Is there a way to use JK2 from unstable ?
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/libapache2-mod-jk2

 apache2-common (>= 2.0.49-1)
 libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) [not ia64]
 libc6.1 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4) [ia64]
 libgcc1 (>= 1:3.3.3-1) [arm]
 tomcat4

I only have libc6_2.2.5-11.5, and libgcc1:3.0.4 and no libc6.1.

Can this be resolved ?

How did backports.org make apache2 and tomcat4 as both these depend on
later versions of libc6 than stable has but they both work ?

Thanks

Matt