Re: Sarge and kde

Hello!

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 06:51:20PM +0100, john gennard wrote:
> [...]
> Now I've reached the point where only kdebase, kdecore and
> kdeamusements cannot be configured because I can't install konqueror,
> and try as I might I can do nothing to get it installed.
>
> I don't understand the error messages (they now are basically the same):-
> [...]
> Any suggestions as to what I can do? (I still have the option to
> do a Sarge netinst and go that way, but I'd like to try to
> discover why I've got so far and then hit what on the face of it
> seems a simple problem)

Try to wait some days, the KDE transition in Sarge from 3.1.5 to 3.2.2
has just started, so conflicts might easily arise.

I.e. right know konqueror is at 3.1.5-2 but kdelibs-bin at 3.2.2-2
(try "apt-cache policy konqueror kdelibs-bin") in Sarge; the meta
packages like "kde" are way off, btw, so rather pick individual
packages...

Cheers,
Flo