Re: To mbox or not, that is the question! (fwd)

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:33:33AM -0700, William Ballard wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:16:48AM -0400, Alan Ezust wrote:
> > ability to use a text-client when remote, and kmail when local. I'm still
> > trying to figure out a good way of reading my maildir folders remotely
> > without running over x-windows and without setting up my own IMAP server (I
>
> What's wrong with NFS or mounting SSH?  One would hope mutt is
> network-file-system aware and will be moderately efficient over slow
> links.  Is it?

Erm, I don't think that mutt has an explicit notion of where parts of
the filesystem are from, nfs or otherwise, nor do I think it should..

There are issues with locking and NFS with mboxes, and poor NFS server
implementations.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/