gnome crash at startup

Hello,

I'd like to file a bug report but do not know which package against.

Two weeks ago I installed a fresh debian testing on my notebook with kernel
2.6.4, xfree 4.3 and gnome 2.4. After some hussle I finally managed to get
everything working though using UTF-8 as locale is really a pain. (You'll never
know if running some application might crash XFree... like acroread).

Today I'd like to give k3b a try and before apt-get'ting k3b I did a
dist-upgrade which updated quite some packages. Then I went on installing k3b
(and some required/recommended stuff) without restarting gnome.
After installing k3b I started it from an xterm and, not to my suprise, it
crashed X. After that gdm tried to restart X but before logon it crashed several
times. I disabled gdm and am trying to start gnome again but it always crashs
after displaying a small debian splash screen for a second.

X itself is running fine, I ran xinit which came up properly with an xterm.

There are no error messages except the following in .xsession-errors
SESSION_MANAGER=local/sagitta:/tmp/.ICE-unix/8144

** (gnome-session:8144): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Bitstream
Vera Sans 10

** (gnome-session:8144): WARNING **: Cannot open fallback font, nothing to do

The package ttf-bitstream-vera is installed and I'm able to access all files in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be? Which package do I file the
bugreport against?

Regards
Klaus