Re: writes to CD-RW not to CD-R

Katipo wrote:
hugo vanwoerkom wrote:

Paul Johnson wrote:

hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

To my surprise cdrecord would not write to the CD-R disk, but would to
a CD-RW one.

Was the CD-R blank?  Did a different CD-R work?

CD-R was blank, no CD-R works, only CD-RW's work.

Well, the writer works.
You have attempted to write to multiple CD-Rs, so we could probably assume that there is nothing wrong essentially with either the writer or the mediums.
This only leaves configuration.

Have you written to CD-Rs successfully in the past with this writer?
If so, have you installed any relevant software since?
Or, have you changed any configuration setting since?

As far as I can see, these are the only available variables.
Regards,

David.

I have written successfully with this writer in the past. Because we haven't got our super-duper sysadmin db yet, my only records are the CD's I got: I wrote a rescue CD on a CD-R on 8/8/03 and an audio CD on 12/14/01, among others. Like I say I use them rarely.

I don't know what software that was, but I tried woody and it shows the same behavior as (current) sarge. I only use cdrecord, nothing else.

Again because of the absence of a good sysadmin db, I don't know what the configuration was: I change partitions often to try new Debian things and keeping a timeline of what when is a bear.

But that brings up a point: I will try it on the oldest system I got which looks like it is 3/23/2003.

Hugo