Instaling debian sarge, diskfull !! (¿bug?)

Installing the debian sarge (with debian installer beta 3, 100mb cd) it doesn't warning you if you select more packages to install than your hard disk can storage. Yesterday i began the installation with almost no error, when i came to tasksell part i begin selecting almost everything for a desktop computer, after this, the apt began downloading 600mb in a disk of 2gb. The disk get full until the last package get unpacked and the installation process return to the menu with and error. I think that in the installation process must be a "free_disk_space / needed_by_installation". Do you think this is a bug?

p.d.: excuse me, my english may be a little poor and have many error.