Re: update-grub hangs

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:40:34 +0200, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> I'm trying to install a low-latency kernel and managed to get through
> the whole process, but when I ran update-grub, it finds my old kernels
> but not the new one.

To me looks more your / a kernel problem than a grub-problem.
Reboot, while the grub menu is visible, cursor up or down, then further
to 'c' (= Commands).
Try to type your entries, line by line, and be reminded that grub does
*tab-completion* ! - like
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/vm <tab>
and you'll get the list of all kernels.
And so forth.
When you have entered everything, just 'b'(oot).

Personally, I find that very helpful, since it shows the file-systems,
kernels, etc.

You don't need an initrd for your kernel, incidentally ?

Good luck !