Re: pon okay, browsers not.

Hans wrote:

Interesting problem, which I have never encountered. I set up my dial-in with pppconfig, run pon and I connect to my ISP fine. Mozilla, lynx or any other browser can't connect to anything on the net, however. Wrong nameservers were my first thought, but they are dynamic, not static. Any hints on where to look? Thanks.

Hans

After you connect, what's the output of "ifconfig -a"?

Can you ping your localhost? Can you ping your ISP's gateway or mail server? Can you ping an outside machine?

--
Kent